Saint Andrew strives to provide adult faith formation opportunities to parishioners here and in surrounding Catholic communities. To that end, our parish is proud to be hosting the Class of St. Padre Pio - Elk River as they complete the Archbishop Harry J. Flynn Catechetical Institute. One hundred and forty-four adults are a part of this program, with roughly a third coming from our parish!
We also have a parish-wide subscription to FORMED, a tremendous collection of Catholic movies, videos, studies, audio presentations, ebooks and more, available to you free of charge on any web-enabled device:
- Go to saint-andrew.formed.org.
- Enter your email and a password to get started.
If you are interested in any of our ongoing ministry or prayer opportunities, please visit Get Involved. Additional adult formation opportunities are listed below as they are available.
Saint Andrew Catholic Church
School of Discipleship with Jeff Cavins and guest teacher Fr. Mike Schmitz
The Archbishop Harry J. Flynn Catechetical Institute invites you to a 8-part experience unlike any other that will not only teach the basics of discipleship but will provide an ongoing initiative to put what you learn into practice!
If you are interested in taking what you have learned and going to the next level, this spectacular experience is for you. You will be joined by people like you—people who have a hunger to live and share their faith. This is the key to our Church growing.
You’ll learn important keys to live your life as a modern disciple:
- What does it mean to be a modern-day disciple?
- What are the daily disciplines of a disciple?
- How do you share your faith with confidence?
- How do you bring your prayer life to a new level?
- How do you hear the voice of God in daily prayer?
Led by Jeff Cavins, CI instructor and former director, this course is not mere teaching but an experience where Jeff will help you create the life you've been longing for as a modern day disciple. If you've ever wondered what it was like to be a disciple 2,000 years ago, walking daily with Jesus, this course is for you! You can experience that life yourself!
In a recent interview, Jeff was asked, "What is the secret to fruitful parishes and thriving families?" Jeff answered, "We will never become the parishes and the families we hope to be if we don't live in relationship with Jesus the way the early disciples did. From morning to night, we must bridge the gap between our faith and everyday life. This is the life of a disciple. Every decision, every word, every action, every purchase is made from the perspective of being a disciple of Christ. Nothing less will do."
The CI: School of Discipleship is open to all adult Catholics who
desire to become a disciple and cultivate discipleship in others – building
up the Kingdom. Join others who want to share the faith with renewed
confidence. There are no prerequisites. Invite family and friends!
- WHEN: Tuesdays, 7:00-8:30 PM
- October 1-November 12, 2019
- No class on November 5; Guest speaker on Wednesday, November 6
- WHERE: Saint Andrew Catholic Churchand School, Elk River
- COST: $125 before August 31; $150 after August 31
We hope to see you there!
Unlocking the Treasure: Discipleship on the Road to Emmaus with Scott Hahn and guest presenter Jeff Cavins
Don’t miss Scott Hahn and guest presenter Jeff Cavins for a special conference at Saint Andrew Catholic Church and School in Elk River on November 2. Study Scripture with one of the Church's most renowned biblical scholars today. The cost is just $35 before August 31; $40 after August 31. Discover how we can encounter Christ on the road to Emmaus—register now!
- 7:30 AM — Mass
- 9:00 AM — Talk by Jeff Cavins
- 10:00 AM — Break, books available for sale
- 10:30 AM — Talk by Scott Hahn
- 11:30 AM — Lunch
- 1:00 PM — Talk by Scott Hahn
- 2:00 PM — Break, books available for sale
- 2:30 PM — Talk by Scott Hahn
- 3:30 PM — Closing announcement, books available for sale
Join us at Saint Andrew Catholic Church and School in Elk River—we hope to see you there!