Saint Andrew Catholic School
Welcome to Saint Andrew Catholic School!
We are a Catholic elementary school for age 4 through grade 5 located at Saint Andrew parish in Elk River, Minnesota. The Church of Saint Andrew is adding a sixth grade for the 2023-2024 school year. We are now taking registrations! In fall 2024, a seventh grade will be added. Eighth grade will be added in 2025 to complete the middle school addition.
We are building the Kingdom of God, child by child, through the living witness of our faculty, staff and families.
We nurture students toward a lived discipleship:
Daily prayer and weekly Mass
Catholic teaching embedded in curriculum
Dedicated time to teach prayers, traditions, and devotions of the Catholic faith
We challenge students to develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits needed to excel:
Strategic emphasis on STEM education
Limited class sizes and documented high academic achievement
Curriculum including music, band, physical education, and media preschool programs
We create a learning environment that fosters respect, self-discipline, and kindness:
Lifelong values-based relationships among students and families with a strong emphasis on social justice and service
Explore the links below or email the School Principal, Ann Dettmann.
Want to learn more?
- Why Saint Andrew?
- Mission and Philosophy
- 2022-23 School Calendar
- Elementary (K-5)
- Middle (6-8)
- Before - and After-School Childcare
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- School Tuition Outline 2022-23 (K-5)
- School Tuition Outline 2023-24 (K-6)
- 2021-2022 State of the School: Annual Progress Report
New to our parish? Register as a parishioner!
School Info428 Irving Ave
Elk River, MN 55330
- Principal, Ann Dettmann, Principal
- Laura Helgeson, School Secretary
- Sarah Anderson, TackleBox Coordinator
- Corene Bjorkedal, Fourth Grade Teacher
- Brittany Coleman, Preschool Teacher
- Christine Cross, First Grade Teacher
- Stacy Decker, Health Clerk
- Angela Hipsag, Third Grade Teacher
- Laurie Hipsag, Head Cook
- Aaron Johnson, Media/Technology
- Matt Kapka, Music & Band Teacher
- Jessica Kish, Physical Education Teacher
- Genny LeFebvre, Pre-K Aide
- Elizabeth Laabs, Fifth Grade Teacher
- Susan Leither, Second Grade Teacher
- Amanda Rajkowski, Preschool Teacher
- Shelly Rerick, Kindergarten Teacher
- Janet Rydberg, Classroom Support
Office HoursMonday through Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
School HoursPreschool - 5th Grade: 8:20 AM - 2:40 PM
Drop offs begin at: 8:00 AM for the start of the school day
Tackle Box Childcare Program:
Before school: 6:30 AM - 8:00 AM
After school: 2:45 PM - 6:00 PM