Thinking about becoming Catholic? The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is a process designed for those who are interested in searching out the Catholic faith.
This process is marked by four stages:
- The Period of Inquiry
- The Period of the Catechumenate
- The Period of Purification and Enlightenment (the liturgical season of Lent)
- The Period of Mystagogia.
Sessions run from late fall to Easter Sunday. The RCIA community includes the candidates and their sponsors. In addition to the weekly sessions, there are rites that mark passage from stage to stage. These are celebrated within the parish community at weekend Eucharistic Liturgies. These rites include the Rite of Welcoming/Acceptance, the Rite of Election/Continuing Conversion, the Rites of Scrutiny, and the Rites of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist).
For more information or to register for classes, contact:
- Those under 18 - Director of Youth Formation Hollie Danis at 763-441-1483 x307
- For adult formation 18 years or older contact: Randy Bayerl at 763-441-1483 x312 or William Guertin 763- 222-4121 at email: [email protected].
Please contact Fr. Mark Innocenti at 763-441-1483 if you have a child or children between the ages of seven and seventeen who are not baptized, come from another faith tradition and/or have had no formal Catholic faith formation, and Want to prepare for the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation or Confirmation.