Saint Andrew Catholic School’s childcare program, Tacklebox, provides before- and after-school care for any enrolled student. Children are offered a variety of supervised activities including crafts, board games, free time, reading, study time and athletics.
Our program is planned with the children in mind to be fun, exciting, creative and educational, in an environment that is warm, safe, supportive and supervised. We maintain a minimum ratio of one childcare provider to 15 students. Child care is also provided on specified non-school days, however, Tacklebox is unavailable if school is cancelled or the building is closed.
For more information about Tacklebox at Saint Andrew Catholic School, contact Tacklebox coordinator Laure Hipsag at 763-441-2216 x329.
Program Philosophy and Goals
To provide safe, nurturing child care for children attending Tacklebox
To provide a positive environment that provides daily opportunities for children to:
- Participate in self-directed learning activities
- Participate in adult-directed, structured activities
- Participate in both large and small group activities
- Engage in activities that are quiet and others that are active
- Explore a variety of enrichment materials and experiences
- Enjoy free play and a variety of choices
- Enhance social skills development
To promote positive self-esteem for each child by providing an environment based upon mutual respect and positive interactions.