Readings and Homilies for the Weekend of April 7-8, 2018 (English and Español)
This past weekend, we celebrated the Second Sunday of Easter, the Feast of Divine Mercy. Both Fr. Mark and Fr. Newton emphasized the scriptural foundation for the God's sacrament of mercy, Confession, in the gospel reading. Fr. Mark also shared the great hope that although God's forgiveness does not do away with justice, all the sin in the world is but a drop in in the ocean of God's infinite mercy. Fr. Newton spoke of the apostle Thomas's disbelief in the resurrected Jesus, followed by his profound declaration: Doubting Thomas was the last to believe that Jesus has risen, but the first to unequivocally proclaim Christ's divinity: "My Lord and My God."
Check out all of our weekend homilies below.
- Readings in English (USCCB)
- Homily: Fr. Arockiya Newton (Audio)
- Homily: Fr. Mark Innocenti (Audio)
- Lecturas en Español (USCCB)
- Homilia: Padre Arockiya Newton, traducido por Rosa Renteria (Audio)